Ninepin Bowling Hall in Blansko in the Course of Time
The first ninepin bowling alley in Blansko was built in 1956. It was located not far from the confluence of the rivers Svitava and Punkva, in a place where there is currently a bridge. This alley had only two lanes. The present six-lane bowling alley was opened on 10th February, 1985. Its construction was accompanied by many difficulties. It is interesting to say that the building is situated in the place of the former dump of the ČKD Blansko foundry. For this reason, it was necessary to lay its foundations up to the depth of 8 metres.
Since then, the bowling lanes have been reconstructed several times. For the first time, the lanes were reconstructed by the Wollmer company in 1995, in connection with the organization of the 7th Men’s and Women’s World Cup. There was another important reconstruction in 2008, when new bowling lanes were laid by the Pro-Tec company. Complete modernisation of the technology was implemented in 2014 and the bowling lanes from the World Championship in Brno were purchased.
|Technical specifications of the sports hall|
|Number of lanes:||6|
|Type of lanes:||Segment FUNK Classic 2000 3/26|
|Automatic pin setting machines:||FUNK KSA 10B|
|Pins:||Wollmer Tornado plus|